We are ‘outstanding’!
Eden Girls’ School WF website news, Tuesday 20 June 2017
Staff, governors, pupils and parents are delighted with the results of our first Ofsted inspection which judged the school to be ‘outstanding’ in every category.
Ofsted visited Eden Girls’ School, Waltham Forest in late April. They found a school with strong leadership, high teaching standards and staff that are prepared to “do whatever it takes to ensure that pupils achieve well, academically and socially.”
Inspectors praised our school for helping “the local community to realise its dream – to create a school where pupils are nurtured and inspired to become tomorrow’s leaders.” The report applauds our use of the leadership programme to “raise pupils’ aspirations and stretch their ways of thinking” and to increase “pupils’ understanding of giving and serving others.”
Ofsted saw evidence of our teachers’ commitment to pupils, and the excellent training and development opportunities on offer to teachers to sharpen their skills.
Key findings of the report include:
- “Governors are highly skilled and use their expertise and experience to serve the school very well.”
- “The headteacher’s excellent leadership and high expectations have led to the school developing and sustaining outstanding practice.”
- “Leaders demand much from teachers, and, equally, teachers require high-quality work and behaviour from pupils. This chain of command and expectations work well because teachers know their pupils very well.”
- “Pupils make rapid progress from different starting points. This is significantly above national averages in all subjects.”
- “Pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities make very good progress.”
- “Behaviour is impeccable. As ‘go getters’, pupils are disciplined and keen to learn, so their attendance is consistently high.”
- “Pupils live diversity.”
- “Parents express a high level of satisfaction with the school’s work and commitment to pupils.”
Our Principal Shahina Ahmad said:
“We are naturally delighted to have been awarded the highest possible Ofsted rating. It’s a reflection of the dedication and hard work of all our staff, governors and pupils and also their parents’ support.
“What is incredibly pleasing are the inspectors’ very positive comments about our leadership programme. For Eden Girls’ to be recognised as a school that is equipping its pupils with the values and skills to have a fully participative role in modern Britain makes me very proud.”
Aysha Esakji MBE, our Chair of Governors, said:
“I am delighted to see that the success of Eden Girls’ School has been recognised and acknowledged by Ofsted inspectors who noted the governing body’s expertise and support provided to ensure the school is a place where pupils receive an outstanding quality of education to become tomorrow’s leaders.
“They praised the school’s strategic management and its close working relationships with parents and the Trust, which combine to achieve very high standards. I would like to thank the governors, the parents, the pupils, our fantastic Principal and all the dedicated staff members for making Eden outstanding.”
Added By: Aisha Ayub | Date Added: 20th Jun 2017 | Posted In: Latest News