Student Shura Representative
As a Shura Representative, the student will:
- Attend Shura meetings every week
- Represent the school at important functions and events
- Debate with other Shura members and discuss ways of addressing issues or concerns
- Inform the Shura of school-based issues raised by their tutor group
- Reports back to their tutor group on issues that have been discussed at meetings
- Help the Shura in its efforts to raise money for various causes
What qualities are needed in the student?
- A passionate belief in the school mission statement
- Passionate about being actively involved in school life
- Good communicator
- Good role model
Shura Elections take place towards the beginning of each academic year. Students from Years 7 to Y9 can run for Shura for their form.